- Fast T1.5 aperture makes this lens great for low light and shallow depth of field
- De-clicked aperture movement and toothed focus and aperture rings provide smooth operation while shooting video.
- Features the latest generation multi-layer anti-reflection ultra multi-coating (UMC) to minimise flare and ghosting
- Designed for DSLR Video Shooting
- Built-In Petal Type Lens Hood
The Samyang 85mm T1.5 AS IF UMC VDSLR is a fast, medium telephoto lens designed for shooting high-quality video footage on a full-frame and APS-C sensor, as well as professional camcorders. The gearing on the focus and aperture rings allow you to follow focus and provide you with aperture control from a professional camera rig. The aperture ring has also been de-clicked, which enables smooth iris pulls. The focal distance and aperture settings are clearly marked on the side of the lens barrel to ensure easy reference when mounted on a tripod. The large T1.5 aperture enables you to capture sharp images in low-light situations and also gives a beautifully blurred background. UMC stands for Ultra Multi Coated, which indicates that the lens has been covered with multi-layered, anti-reflective coating which minimises reflections and increases image contrast. Internal Focusing (IF) means that all focusing occurs within the lens, i.e. the lens will not change size as it zooms. Manual focus only.